I started with this pattern and tatted it up with Manuela variegated thread that was just brand new to the USA at the time. This is an edging that I sewed to one side of a button placket on a denim shirt.
I think it took as much time to sew the darn thing onto the shirt as it did to tat it! I decided to remove picots from the piece so that the tatting would wash/dry well without the picots getting out of shape.
I then continued to tat additional pieces for the denim shirt and started manipulating the design elements to create 5 more different designs from this basic pattern that I used on various places of the shirt.
So now I need to figure out where the original pattern came from--whether or not it is public domain. Then I can decide if I can publish the other 5 patterns that I created from the one pattern that I started with and that is not my copyrighted design.