Saturday, June 21, 2014

Copper Enamel Tatting Shuttles made thus far

                                                                                             
The ShuttleSmith Enameled Copper Tatting Shuttles as of June 20, 2014


DH was gone last night and I was all alone for the evening so I high-tailed it to my studio and made more copper enameled tatting shuttles.   I had received my order of sampler-sized packets of 166 different colors of enamel on Wednesday.  Now I am overwhelmed by the color choices that I have!  I try not to overthink (though I am rarely faulted for 'overthinking' anything) my color selections when I am working on the process....thus the final result is usually a surprise--even to me.

I decided to keep track of what colors I use on the shuttles and make a library of each shuttle I create including a photo and the enamel color names and numbers.  That is why each shuttle is sitting on a paper with handwritten notes.   This way if I ever want to recreate a particular color combination, I'll have the formula noted.  Each shuttle is kinda like my child....I'm not sure I am going to be willing to part with it/sell it.  So I can comfort myself with the fact that at least I'll have a picture of  'my baby' (aka shuttle) if  I have to 'give it up' (ie sell) for 'adoption' to someone else.

I am still figuring out how to sell them.  I think that I shall place a few at a time on my webpage with the option to purchase via PayPal.  But I have some work yet to do regarding that end.  When they are up for sale, I will report that happening here first.

1 comment:

  1. My, what a variety of colors. It will make choosing very hard!

    ReplyDelete