Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I'm going to Palmetto Tat Days!

I have recently decided that I AM going to Palmetto Tat Days this coming Sept 5-6th!!
DSCN0770
My 1999 Moto Guzzi motorcycle with a button picture of a motorcycle that I just couldn't resist buying

 
Me and my beloved Moto Guzzi motorcycle will be zig-zagging our way through the secondary roads of America heading to Toccoa, Georgia.

I am busy prepping my motorcycle & camping gear for the journey.

I have created more Glass-Enameled Copper Tatting Shuttles. The enameled shuttles were actually the impetus/excuse to make the trip.

I invited my husband along to make the trip with me, but he declined....so its just me.

I plan to take a week to get there and a week to get home. My MO is to take secondary highways (no interstates!) and to camp (tent-out) as many nights as I can. I 'feel' safe(r) when traveling secondary highways and going through smaller towns. I'm fairly careful when traveling but do feel a hightened sense of insecurity when around big cities and interstate highways--they 'creep' me out---everything is so impersonal.

I leave Saturday and am planning to be in Toccoa, Georgia on Thursday. Google maps says the distance should be 1075 miles but the way I travel, it will be more. Who knows what I will see and the people I will get to talk to on my way there and back!!!! I'm a slight Extrovert (according to Myers-Briggs Test). I really am 'my father's daughter' in that I love to talk to people. My favorite thing is to eat in local diners, sitting at the counter. Eventually the 'old guys' will start up a conversation with me and I learn stuff.



13 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I will see you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that your profile says you are into 'chemicals'. I have a chemistry question for you! Come introduce yourself at Tat Days. I'll be the middle-aged, 'motorcycle momma/scum' women with long hair.

      Delete
  2. WOW, we'll meet again!! I think we met at roughly the second Tat Days. Can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! We'll see you there! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Motorcycles are the best way to travel and this time to a special event. Can't get any better than that. Back roads are always better than major highways. We can actually see the area rather than traffic. Enjoy! Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you are a motorcycle lover too!!! Come join me on my ride to GA and then we can be two motorcycle riding Karens.

      Delete
  5. Have a safe and fun trip. The secondary highways are so much more interesting to take, so much more to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I love the button picture too. It was at a local art/craft show. I figured that because the motorcycle in the picture was red as was my real motorcycle that it was a 'sign from God' that I should buy it!!! So I did.

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to get 'on the road'. I'm leaving Saturday and poking my way down towards Georgia.
      See those of you who will be there, there!

      Delete
  7. I have to admit being in total shock reading this for the first time on Tuesday, Sept. 2! I won't even venture more than 20 miles from home in my car! I wish I had your spunk and spirit! Wonder where you are today. Keep safe and I'll be looking forward to haring all about your trip and the convention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun in driving as well as in tatting!!

    ReplyDelete