Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The (non-tatting) Secret Fiber Art Life of The ShuttleSmith

I have a bit of a confession to make....I don't only create fiber art in the form of Tatting!  I also do/have done alot of needlework and needlelace work.  If you have read my bio (on my website) I mention that I grew up sewing, embroidering, knitting/crochet, etc.---anything fiber art related that I could get my hands on!  Then as an adult I learned more refined needlelace techniques, many that I eventually taught at a regional and national level. 

These include:
  • Carrickmacross Lace
  • Teneriffe/Sol/Nanduti Lace
  • Romanian Point Lace
  • Needle Lace
  • Filet Lace (True)
  • Smocking
I have had the pleasure to take & teach tatting to national needlework shows, where I had a goal of 'converting' cross-stitchers to lacemakers.  It was at these shows that I introduced other unique needlework forms (including the above list) to the cross-stitch world including (to name a few that come to mine):
  • Huck Embroidery
  • Chicken Scratch Embroidery
  • Ribbon Work
  • Surface Embroidery Stitches (for Crazy Quilting)
  • Crazy Quilting Patchworking

No comments:

Post a Comment