Friday, May 31, 2013

Just a quick note to tell you that even though I just started this blog, I am taking a bit of a vacation this weekend. 

I'm driving 800 miles (one-way) from Omaha, Nebraska where I live to Grand Junction, Colorado where my son just finished his freshman year of college at Colorado Mesa University.  Now it is time for him to (reluctantly) come home for the summer and (according to me) make some money to go back to college next year.

But while I'm there I'm taking a few days off of work to meander back through the Colorado Rocky Mountains. 

I have camping gear packed and a map.  My plan is to spend as much time as I can in the mountains between Grand Junction (to the west) and Denver (towards the east).  Once we get back to Denver, I plan to 'book' across the high plains back to Omaha. 

It should be nice to spend a few days traveling with my son.

When I get back I shall work on getting some pictures onto this blog site.....a new thing to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment