Saturday, January 30, 2021

My week of Tatting---The ShuttleSmith edition, 2021

I learned to tat on Monday,  
My stitches were very fine.
I forgot to thaw out dinner, 
So we went out to dine.
I tatted snowflakes Tuesday,
They really were a must.
The symmetry was quite lovely,
But I forgot to dust.
On Wednesday I tatted crosses,
I so enjoyed the fun.
I learned to pray while tatting,
But the laundry didn’t get done.
I learned to tat split Rings on Thursday,
It’s fun to use two threads.  
I guess I really was engrossed,  
I never made the bed.
I started a doily on Friday, 
Oh how the colors I adore. 
But somehow in the enjoyment, 
I didn’t notice the dirty floor.
I added beads to my tatting on Saturday, 
They really enhance my double stitches. 
I was so engaged with those shiny things, 
That I ignored the dirty dishes
I found a maid on Sunday,  
My week is now complete.  
Now I can tat the hours away,  
And my house will still be neat.

2 comments: