Sunday, May 31, 2015

What I did this weekend

Block Alphabet Book Cover
I have been ‘sitting on’ this book for over a year now.   It has been about 90% done (as in all the details that go into laying out a book, proofreading it, creating preface pages, and creating a cover) for quite some time.

But this weekend, starting Friday night, I started a marathon session(s) to complete it.  I was home alone (husband gone for the weekend) and I had the flexibility to stay up as late as my eyes could stay focused (1:15 am both nights).

As of last night, I sent it off to the ‘printer’!!!!  YEAH!!!!  (I seriously need an emoticon here!)

Today I ordered a ‘proof’ copy!!!!    YEAH!!!!

This particular book has been on the back burner ever since I got excited about my Quilt-Inspired Designs for Split Ring Tatting.  But since my Quilt-Inspired books aren’t ready for completion, I decided to test my ‘printing/publishing’ knowledge with this Block Alphabet in SRT book.  I decided to apply the skills for printing/publishing to this book with the better experience to know how hard I need to push to get the Quilt-Inspired books published/printed.  I absolutely want the Quilt-Inspired books done by the IOLI Convention the first week in August!!!!




6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Karen!. Congrats on your new book. The next ones will be very interesting. Where will these be available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Karen! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations I look forward to seeing your new book
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book looks awesome!! :)
    Can't wait to see the quilt inspired!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any update on when this book will be available to buy? I would like a copy!

    ReplyDelete