Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I'm Back!

I'm Back.....to Reality from now on!

THE PAST
The last couple of months has been a whirlwind.  On August 2nd I got married (second time around).  It was a simple wedding but a BIG party in my backyard.  I tried to keep the stress down by having all the food catered, not doing too much in terms of decorations, etc. but the stress was still there.  Even though I thought I was doing OK, my body said otherwise because I started breaking out on my face and extremities!   Of course leading up the party for several months was cleaning.  I cleaned my house and especially my garage.  This meant 'tucking away' many day-to-day items that I had to later, after the wedding, find and bring out.  After the wedding, we were in an 'adjustment' phase as Jerry moved into my house.  He has a small condo that would not fit all my tatting a lace materials, so he moved into my house.  The garage and basement were an enticement to him.  Then came the honeymoon a month later, which we just got back from.  We spent two weeks traveling to Berlin & Dresden, Germany; Prague, Czech Republic; Vienna, Austria; and Budapest, Hungary.  We walked everywhere or took the metro transit system and traveled between cities via train.  During the airplane and train travel, I got some tatting done....of course Split Ring designs for future books!  We walked 10-12 miles a day on the days we didn't travel between cities!  I will fill you in on the lace-related/textile items I found on my travels....but I will warn you, I did NOT see any tatting!!!!!

FUTURE PLANS
I am attempting to finish my second SRTatting book right now.   Barbara Foster of Handy Hands inquired about how it was going and I made the decision that I could possibly have it done by the end of October.  That is the deadline that I am shooting for.  Now that it is 'in print' here, hopefully I will have the incentive to work towards that deadline.  

My goal is also to be a better blogger!

I shall try to put out a new SRT pattern on my website:  www.TheShuttleSmith.com  every week.

I will also show you some of the new patterns I am working on.

I will also share with you my lace/textile finds in Europe.

Sincerely,
Karen Bovard Sayre
The ShuttleSmith
Omaha, NE

No comments:

Post a Comment