Thursday, June 1, 2017

Shuttlebirds Tatting Workshop 2017 -- part 2

Just thought I’d post some of the pictures I had taken at The Shuttlebirds 2017 Tatting Workshop.

The first photo (below) shows the materials and space we used to decorate the base shuttles for the Make-It-Take-It workshop of creating personal glass/enamel tatting shuttles. (See previous post for photos of the finished ART pieces.)

The second photo (below) shows the space where/how I torch-fired the artwork into finished glass-coated tatting shuttles in flat/hoare-style.

I flew to the workshop so it was quite a challenge as to what to bring/how much I could bring.  I planned and purchased supplies for months before going.  There were a few items that the Shuttlebirds members brought for me to help with my space/luggage issues.  These included the cookies sheets, ceramic tiles and fire extinquisher.  I am happy to report that I did NOT need to use the fire extinquisher (I actually never have!).

The third photo (below) shows my vendor table:  It includes the 7 books that I have authored/published including the debut of book number 7:  Snowflakes in Split Ring Tatting.  I had been working on the designs for this book for a while (ca. a year).  So when I found out that the theme for this workshop was ‘A Flurry of Flakes’ I decided that it was a ‘sign from God’ that I should try to attend.  So I used the workshop as a self-inflicted deadline to get my book done and published.  Also on my vendor table are some of my glass/enameled tatting shuttles and some homemade ‘thread holders’. I shall have to photograph my new book and my thread winders soon to show you all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi The ShuttleSmith Tatting Team,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog The ShuttleSmith Tatting has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 75 Tatting Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/tatting_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 75 Tatting Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete