Saturday, February 1, 2014

Denim Shirt Overview








THANK YOU to the knowledgeable tatters who recognized this pattern and told me not only in what book to find it but even what page!  It was published in The Tatter's Treasure Chest, edited by Mary Carolyn Waldrep, Dover Publications, NY, 1990. This was an out-of-copyright pattern republished by Dover Publications from a J. & P. Coats Tatting publication. The pattern can be found on page 78-79 of The Tatter's Treasure Chest.
This is my shirt and how I added the tatting to it.  Unfortunately I bought/used a cheap denim shirt that is now waaaayyyy too big for me.  I tried wearing it about a month ago to go to a public tatting demo but it was just not right!   I plan to introduce close-up photos & patterns of my variations of the original pattern and how/where I used the pattern.

I will be contemplating removing the tatted lace from this shirt and resewing it to a new shirt!!!!
This is a big undertaking....I estimate that it will take many hours to do!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on adding all that tatting to the shirt. It would have been great to wear it to a tatting demo. Too bad it's too big. Good luck on transferring it to another shift.

    ReplyDelete