Thursday, March 24, 2022

Catch up post since retiring--Part 1

I think that I have been posting some things to my FB The ShuttleSmith Tatting page but just realized that I have completely ignored this my main website since my retirement in June of 2021.

In a nutshell:

First 2 weeks of June my husband I took a two-week long motorcycle trip from NE/IA where we live, down the Mississippi River Valley, way south to Houma, Louisiana (about 20 miles from the Gulf of Mexico).  We chose to go to Houma instead of New Orleans because we wanted to see 'real' LA and Houma is supposed to be the heart of Cajun and Bayou country.  It did not disappoint!  I ate every Cajun dish there was as well as every form of seafood (regular and unique) that I could get my lips around.  Jerry 'worked from home' in the motel room for a week and then we thundered home.


Had to stop to take this photo as I am from Wisner, NEBRASAKA--population ca 1200 people
One of my favorite restaurants to eat Cajun food.  Ate there several times.  Jerry and the motorcycles are in front.

Frog legs and a local beer.




Our first Cajun meal.  I ate most of this!!! including a boudin sausage (not pictured) that the owner brought us when he saw how much I was enjoying the meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment